BioBlitz Go! at ZEALANDIA
- Working in partnership with Wellington City Council and ZEALANDIA to project-manage a two-day BioBlitz – with the aim of collecting as much ecological data as possible in and around the ZEALANDIA Ecosanctuary
- Teamed up once again with Ruud the ‘Bugman’ Kleinpaste and Department of Conservation’s Threatened Species Ambassador Nicola Toki
- Promotional campaign devised and implemented resulting in the engagement of the Wellington community and local schools in a series of species-based Citizen Science programmes.
BioBlitz at Pukaha Mount Bruce
- Devised, managed and publicised a two-day BioBlitz with Ruud the ‘Bugman’ Kleinpaste and Department of Conservation’s Threatened Species Ambassador Nicola Toki
- A BioBlitz is a race against time to count and identify as many species as possible. Primarily a community engagement event, it required the involvement and coordination of over 20 scientists, 85 school students and 200 members of the public, as well as a comprehensive and supportive media campaign.
- A BioBlitz is a biodiversity inventory: participants collected specimens, logged data and spent time with Ruud in the Pukaha reserve amongst the insects, invertebrates, plants, fungi and birds.
Breadcraft Wild Challenge
- Coordinated and promoted a challenging biathlon consisting of 10km trail run through the Pukaha Mount Bruce backcountry and a 23km cycle ride through Mauriceville in the Wairarapa to raise funds for the centre’s restoration project.
- As well as project management responsibilities, the role included managing a media and social media campaign around the event
- Currently working on Wild Challenge 2015
Pukaha Mount Bruce Wildlife Centre
- Designed and implemented a new volunteer programme from scratch for Pukaha Mount Bruce Wildlife Centre
- The Pukaha Volunteer Programme recently won a Trust Power Tararua District Community Award